Erasmus Mundus programs are initiated and carried out with the financial support of the European Commission to facilitate the mobility...



Restoration of the former astronomical observatory on Mount Pip Ivan.

  • International students during their period of study in Ukraine fall under the requirements of immigration law, observance of which is extremely important!

Important! International students should take the registration procedure at the beginning of each academic year. They should come to International Office of Vasyl Stefanyk University (Administrative building, Room 223) and submit the following documents: Immigration Card,  Passport,  2 pictures (for the 1st year students – 3 pictures) passport size (3х4).


  • All foreigners coming to Ukraine with the purpose of study shall obtain temporary residence permit from the Migration Service and be registered at the place of their actual residence during study period. For citizens of visa countries migration procedures do not exceed 15 days until visa expiration date (visa validity period is 45 days), for citizens of non-visa countries – up to 75 days from the date of crossing the Ukrainian border.


  • Migration formalities for international students are usually carried out by  international departments of universities. They would typically request you to provide all the necessary documents and offer to issue migration risk insurance and medical insurance for the period of study.


  • A temporary residence permit is the document that certifies the identity of a foreigner or a person without citizenship and confirms the legitimiacy of your stay in Ukraine; it shall be presented during migration and other checks.


  • The permit is usually issued for the entire period of your study, however if you study at the preparatory department the period of validity of your permit is only one year. A university may decide to offer you residence for a period of less than a full period of study (eg. the period of study for Bachelor degree is 4 years, but a university can issue you a permit for one year only with further extension).


  • When enrolling at the next level of study (Bachelor degree studies after preparatory department or Master’s after Bachelor) or transferring to another university you should be well aware of the residence permit expiry date – the documents for its extension shall be submitted to the Migration Service no later than 15 days before it expires.


  • If your temporary residence permit expired and it was not renewed on time, you will need to leave Ukraine and get a new visa to enter to continue your studies!


  • In case you are expelled from a university, this high school has to notify the Migration Service of your termination of study within a 10-day period, and return your permit and cancel registration. You will have 7 days to leave the territory of Ukraine after this.


  • When transferring to another university be aware of the validity of your temporary residence permit.


  •  It is important to know that the migration legislation of Ukraine does not allow international students to be employed while studying.